OkayAfrica seeks an exceptional full-time Media and Digital Sales Manager to work out of our New York office. The ideal candidate is a creative leader, detail-oriented and results-driven with an ability to define and deliver long-term innovative sponsorship and advertising integrations for a growing digital media brand focused on Africa. The manager will set goals and quotas, develop and implement a sales plan, analyze data and oversee the sales team.
The successful candidate will manage digital, event and social advertising assets across OkayAfrica’s media portfolio. This role will oversee and support all stages of the sales process as it relates to Operations, from projections to final reporting.
- Develop and implement sales plan, revenue, and expense controls, meeting targets, and promoting OkayAfrica’s presence globally.
- Achieve monthly, quarterly and yearly revenue goals.
- Work closely with the CEO and CFO to determine annual gross-profit plans by forecasting and meeting annual sales quotas for all company regions.
- Track sales-team metrics and report data to leadership on a regular basis.
- Assist in the development of the annual marketing plan, specifically advising on realistic forecasts for products (based on historical data, market trends, competitive activity, promotional strategy and sales effort), realistic costs of operating the sales force; and sales promotion program plans.
- Analyze trends and results; establish pricing strategies.
- Monitor the performance of the sales team by establishing a system of reports and communications involving sales reports, cyclical sales meetings, sales newsletters and electronic bulletins.
- Work cross-functionally with other teams to ensure the achievement of sales objectives.
- Conduct market research and competitor and customer analysis.
- Maintain contact with key accounts by exploring specific needs, anticipating new opportunities.
- Prepare quotes and contracts for potential clients.
- Develop and deliver sales presentations in a professional and effective manner.
- Maintain up-to-date awareness of company activities and industry trends.
- Proactively manage rate cards and sponsorship impression estimates.
- Work with the Manager, Ad Operations to create pacing reports that demonstrate holistic value, merging video view metrics with traditional ad served impressions.
- Develop audience extension options that offer quality engagement and help deliver against impression guarantees.
- Manage hiring and onboarding process by interviewing, selecting, orienting and training employees.
- BS/MS; business and marketing majors preferred.
- Digital media sales experience (4+ years).
- Ability to travel.
- An understanding of financial planning and strategy, marketing concepts, people management, territory management, sales planning, competitive analysis, market segmentation, product development, client relationships, creative services, sponsorships.
- A network of strong relationships with media agencies and/or brands.
- An interest in the digital media, advertising and creative industry, technology and digital marketing.
- Experience achieving sales goals, generating leads, and closing revenue.
- A team player but can work independently to get things done.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- A desire to work in a startup environment.
To apply, email email@example.com with a resume and please put “Media & Digital Sales Manager ” in the subject line.
OkayAfrica is an EEO.