Video by Abraham Heisler.
Wall Street is the place to be. You never know who’s gonna show. Last week it was Kweli, and today Kanye and Russell Simmons – among thousands of like-minded citizens who believe in a more egalitarian world, of course – occupied Zuccotti Park (aka Liberty Plaza) in a show of solidarity with the 99%. Who knew the throne was in a park of hippies. Respect.
ALERT: Saturday is gonna be a VERY big day down here at the Occupation Party. So stay tuned (and sign up for our mailing list to be sure you get the RSVP link first).
Want to join the movement + help immediately? Here are some things you can do.
- Come down to Occupy Wall Street and protest. (Be sure to know your rights).
- Spread the word. Tweet and Facebook about what’s going on. For twitter, use #occupywallstreet.
- Entertain and encourage the protesters. Anyone can go down to Liberty Park and perform – however, only non-amplified sound is allowed by the police. There is a makeshift stage/podium area. If you need help or orientation, check in at the welcome center, located in Liberty Plaza.
- Send the protesters supplies at:
The UPS Store
Re: Occupy Wall Street
118A Fulton St. #205
New York, NY 10038
- Donate here.
- Order the protesters food. Directions are here.
- Join the movement in your area.