Listen to 15 Playlists by South African Artists and Personalities for Apple Music’s ‘Visionary Women’ Campaign
Mihlali Ndamase, Nadia Nakai, Ama Qamata and other South African women artists and personalities each share playlists in Apple Music's 'Visionary Women' campaign in light of Women's Month.
Apple Music recently launched its annual Visionary Women campaign in which 15 women celebrities create playlists to celebrate South Africa's Women's Month (August).
The streaming platform has invited popular musicians, actresses, social media influencers and presenters—Ama Qamata, Nandi Madida, Sha Sha, Nadia Nakia, and Mihlali Ndamase among other popular and talented women. The campaign aims to highlight the women that have shaped, shifted and enriched the South African and global music landscape.
One of the country's most popular influencers Mihlali Ndamase said about her choice of songs in her playlist:
"The music chosen above is a true representation of my taste in music, and my ability to appreciate the various genres offerings by women. I've included a number of black women who inspire, because for as long as we can remember black women have been silenced. It's inspiring to see black women succeed in their respective fields, through their art they're able to empower young black women."
"These songs are a mixture of some good classics and some new music from my absolute favs," she said in a press release distributed on behalf of Apple Music, "I listen to them mostly to boost my confidence or just to celebrate female artists that are absolutely killing the game right now. Hope you all enjoy!"
While Nadia Nakai, known for her own fiery music, chose "fierce" women for her playlist. "The women I chose for my playlist range from music I grew up listening to like India Arie, Erykah Badu and Tracy Chapman to the fierce women I listen to today like Saweetie, Megan Thee Stallion and Snoh Aalegra. They've shaped my personality and confidence and have been the soundtrack to many monumental moments in my life, like a first kiss, first date or first cry and heartbreak," Nadia told Apple Music.
Stream all 15 playlists on Apple Music.
- 10 Classic South African House Songs You Need to Hear - OkayAfrica ›
- Watch Ami Faku Break Down Her Song 'Imali': 'Many people never ... ›
- 9 Vintage African Records You Need in Your Life - OkayAfrica ›
- Mampintsha's Management is Suing Apple Music For Removing His ... ›
- Rema Is Apple Music's New 'Up Next' Artist - OkayAfrica ›
- This South African Jazz Album Is This Month's Apple Music Spotlight ... ›
- Rising South African Hip-Hop Artist popsnotthefather is Apple ... ›
- Ami Faku is Apple Music's Favorite Artist of the Month - OkayAfrica ›
- Apple Music's 'Stream Local' to Support South African Artists ... ›
- Apple Music Launches 'Oshe Naija' to Celebrate Nigeria's Independence Day - OkayAfrica ›