The 16 Best South African Songs of the Month (September)
The best South African songs of the month featuring Cassper Nyovest, Rowlene, Langa Mavuso, Muzi, PatricKxxLee and others.
Here are the South African songs and music videos that caught our attention in August.
PatricKxxLee “One Punk Man, Ritalin”
PatricKxxLee aggressively raps over a beat that combines PlayStation sounds with dark synths and bass.
Langa Mavuso “I Wish” (featuring Manana & Zoe Modiga)
A collaboration that works as one would expect it to, "I Wish" is a somber deep cut from Langa Mavuso's latest album Langa.
FonZo reminds his naysayers of his accomplishments and that he's nothing to be fucked with.
Muzi “Don’t Let Me Go”
Muzi takes it back to the 80s as he taps into the era's bubblegum sound in a song grieving his late mother.
Yugen Blakrok “OCHRE”
To commemorate Heritage Month in a way that's neither corny nor trite, Yugen Blakrok released the video for "OCHRE" which is a visual celebration of origin, nature and magic.
Costa Titch (featuring Boity) “Thembi”
Costa Titch finally released the music video for his Boity-assisted hit "Thembi" and it's as lively as the song with him showcasing his dance moves and Boity making an elegant appearance as usual.
Willy Cardiac & DJ Maphorisa “Run”
Willy Cardiac sounds comfortable over DJ Maphorisa production in his latest single "Run" which contains traces of R&B, hip-hop and Afro-fusion.
Black Motion “Mshubo” (featuring Ihhashi Elimhlophe)
Black Motion's hypnotic production sounds surreal when combined with maskandi legend Ihhashi Elimhlophe's chants.
GoldFish “Forever Free” (featuring Nate Highfield & Silver)
An instant EDM/pop banger, "Forever Free" is the perfect song for a road trip, the club, your lounge, and pretty much anywhere.
Cassper Nyovest “Thoughts” (featuring Boogie)
Cassper Nyovest's pen bleeds as he opens up about relationships that have gone wrong over horns and keys assisted by an equally intense verse by Boogie.
Moonchild Sanelly “Boys and Girls” (featuring Patty Monroe)
Moonchild Sanelly invites Patty Monroe to assist in a song that's about preferring both men and women. The song's carried by personality as it is by great execution.
Focalistic (featuring Vigro Deep) “Ke Star”
Focalistic released the visual for his gold-certified hit "Ke Star" and the visuals are as extravagant as the song itself.
J Molley “Ang’na Stress” (featuring Costa Titch and Yanga Chief)
J Molley takes a different approach with his latest single as he gets Costa Titch and Yanga Chief to sprinkle their respective flavors.
Aewon Wolf “Say It Louder” (featuring Rey Oceans)
Aewon Wolf's "Say It Louder" is the light-hearted single one needs in such dark times.
Rowlene announced her upcoming album with the assertive banger "Stop".
Busiswa (featuring Kamo Mphela) “SBWL”
With her new single "SBWL", Busiswa connects with internet dance sensation Kamo Mphela for a lively amapiano tune.
From Your Site Articles
- The 10 Best South African Songs of the Month - OkayAfrica ›
- The 19 Best South African Songs of the Month - OkayAfrica ›
- The 13 Best South African Songs of The Month - OkayAfrica ›
- The 17 Best South African Songs of the Month (May) - OkayAfrica ›
- The 23 Best South African Songs of the Month - OkayAfrica ›
- The 22 Best South African Songs of the Month - OkayAfrica ›
- The 15 Best South African Summer Songs of 2018 - OkayAfrica ›
- The 13 Best South African Songs of the Month (March) - OkayAfrica ›
- The 16 Best South African Songs of the Month (August) - OkayAfrica ›
- The 20 Best South African Songs of 2019 - OkayAfrica ›
- Interview: Yanga Chief, South Africa’s Most Reluctant Pop Star, is Starting a New Chapter - OkayAfrica ›
- Costa Titch’s Debut Album ‘Made in Africa’ is a Delightful Collection of Catchy Club Bangers - OkayAfrica ›
- Costa Titch’s Debut Album ‘Made in Africa’ is a Delightful Collection of Catchy Club Bangers ›
- The 15 Best South African Songs of the Month (January) - OkayAfrica ›
- Interview: In The Beginning Was Manana - OkayAfrica ›
- Kamo Mphela Drops New Single ‘Nkulunkulu’ Ahead of Upcoming EP ›
- The 15 Best South African Songs of the Month (March) - OkayAfrica ›
- The 20 Best South African Songs of the Month (April) - OkayAfrica ›
- Black Motion Release New Single ‘Xxikiwawa’ - OkayAfrica ›
Related Articles Around the Web