The afrobeat legend's estate has repurposed, reinterpreted and rebirthed some of his most iconic album artworks through this new merch drop.
The Fela Kutiestate has brought fans a new collection of merchandise to honour and celebrate the legend of Fela.
In a collaboration with Online Ceramics, a US-based online clothing store, Kuti's most iconic album artworks (including V.I.P. and Excuse O) and images from the 1982 documentary Music is the Weapon have been reimagined and manifested into an assortment of t-shirts, tote bags and sweatshirts.
Yeni Kuti (Fela's daughter) was involved in the design and approval of all the merch from the part of the estate.
A portion of all proceeds are going to internationally recognised nonprofit organisation Global Citizen. Global Citizen's mission to end global poverty falls directly in line with Fela's message and that of the music made by his family. More recently, Femi Kuti performed at Global Citizen 2018 concert in South Africa.
- The Incredible Stories Behind Lemi Ghariokwu's Iconic Fela Kuti ... ›
- Fela Kuti "Expensive Shit" (1975) LP Vinyl – Okayplayer Shop ›
- Fela Kuti ›
- Paul McCartney Smoked the Strongest Weed of His Life With Fela Kuti ›
- Remembering Ginger Baker's Afrobeat Collaborations With Fela Kuti ... ›
- Fela Kuti "Zombie" 8-Track – Okayplayer Shop ›
- Fela Kuti – Okayplayer Shop ›