Year after year, we continue to get lost in visual creativity brought to you by talented folks utilizing social media platforms to share their joy of dance.
Dance videos are how we get put on to music we may have missed (because let’s admit that it an be a bit much to try to keep up), as well as establish what kind of moves you’ll be breaking out in the club (no shame, I’m that person). And because it’s the internet, of course there’s the cross-cultural exchange we all love.
Below you’ll find our favorite viral dance vids of the year and why.
Be sure to catch up with Okayafrica’s 2016 ‘Best Ofs’ here.
1. Because “Dance For Me” was arguably one of the top dance crazes of the year:
2. Because Kida The Great is a beast:
3. Because the kiddies dancing in breakout groups were too cute:
4. Because kuduro never died:
5. Because South Korea went looking for Johnny too:
6. Because the Ghetto Kids are #mood every damn day:
7. Because it’s best to leave ndombolo to the experts:
8. Because these kiddies rep Suriname so hard:
9. Because Ciara and Kaffy getting it on the streets of Lagos was everything: