Badi and Boddhit Satva share a new video inspired by sociopolitical issues in Belgium and around the world.
Badi and Boddhi Satva connect once again for the new electronic single "Mauvaise Ambiance."
The single takes a direct approach at addressing many sociopolitical troubles around the world, touching on issues like the migrant crisis and U.S. policies over an infectious beat.
"Mauvaise Ambiance is inspired by the political and social situation in Belgium, the country where I was born and grew up in," says Badi, "but also by international news, the migrant crisis, Donald Trump's policies and the massive exodus of Africans. I wanted to approach those subjects with a touch of irony and add them to rhythms you couldn't help but dance to."
The new music video for "Mauvaise Ambiance," which we're premiering here today, was directed by 13, features twin dancers Les Mybalés and was shot at Brussels' Café Congo.
"For the video I wanted Belgium to be visually recognizable and what could be better than René Magritte artwork to represent the surrealism so typical of the country we live in?" adds Badi.
"Mauvaise Ambiance" will feature on Badi's upcoming Trouble Fête album.
Badi, Boddhi Satva - Mauvaise Ambiance youtu.be
- Our Picks For Festivals In Africa: July 2013 - OkayAfrica ›
- Okayafrica's Top 10 Music Videos of 2013 - OkayAfrica ›
- Watch Boddhi Satva's New Video For 'Muasi Na Ngai' - OkayAfrica ›
- Boddhi Satva & Badi's Video For 'Kitendi' ›
- Badi & Boddhi Satva Confront Tradition and Colonization Through ... ›
- Boddhi Satva & Badi's Video For 'Kitendi' Is A Black Vintage Fashion ... ›