Bobi Wine's Release Detailed in Latest Episode of 'The Messenger'
Trauma is the topic on the podcast's latest episode: "The Ballot or The Bullet."
The latest episode of The Messenger is something to behold.
In his most recent traumatic experience, Wine and his wife Barbara Itungo Kyagulanyi were released from a nearly two-week military house arrest following the ruling of a Ugandan court. Keeping up with current events and circumstances that Wine finds himself in, the latest episode of the podcast recounts the traumatic events that led to Wine's very public abuse and eventual house arrest.
Upon his release, Wine spoke with The Messenger and had this to say, "I want to remind the world that we went in this election knowing how corrupt the staff of the electoral commission is. We saw this through the campaign and the world saw how much was oppressed, how biased and one sided the electoral commission was, and how much it was in the full grip of General Museveni. And therefore we are going to test every legal test, we shall take every legal test. We shall take every legal step. And indeed we shall take every moral and morally proactive, nonviolent, but legal and peaceful step to see that we liberate ourselves. The struggle has not ended. It is just beginning."
Listen to Episode 7 of The Messenger here.
- Bobi Wine Arrested After Being Certified as Presidential Candidate ... ›
- Read: Bobi Wine Released From Police Custody Following Arrest ›
- Wole Soyinka Backs Bobi Wine Ahead of Uganda's Presidential ... ›
- Listen to a Podcast On Iconic Ugandan Activist Bobi Wine - OkayAfrica ›
- Bobi Wine Offers to Airlift Mistreated Africans Out of China - OkayAfrica ›
- Bobi Wine and His Wife Released from House Arrest ›
- Bobi Wine & Bas Send Off 'The Messenger' In Tell-All Finale - OkayAfrica ›
- Bobi Wine Withdraws Legal Challenge Against Election Results - OkayAfrica ›