Album Cover Art.
Burna Boy's 'African Giant' Album Certified Silver in the UK
Over a year after its release, Burna Boy's 'African Giant' album continues to receive the international recognition it deserves.
Burna Boycontinues to reach new heights with his Grammy-nominated album African GiantAfrican Giant. Released last year, the album has recently been certified silver in the UK after selling the equivalent of 60 000 copies. The news comes after the Nigerian superstar's "Be Honest" collaboration featuring Jorja Smithwas certified platinum in France in addition to "On the Low" having been certified gold earlier this year.
It's another win for the Afro-fusion project that single-handedly catapulted Burna Boy into the international spotlight and had all eyes on him––and rightly so. And while African Giant continues to collect additional accolades a year after its release, Burna is already onto the next epic project.
He recently released his Twice As Tallalbumwhich features a plethora of talent including Coldplay's Chris Martin, Naughty by Nature, Stormzy and Sauti Sol. Executive produced by Sean "Diddy" Combs and Mama Burna (Bosede Ogulu), the 15-track album sees Burna Boy firmly cementing his place as an Afro-fusion artist, a genre he says he created.
Burna recently appeared on Hot 97's Ebro In The Morning where he spoke about his latest album, the creative process behind it and how he feels his music is distinctly different from that of veteran Afrobeat musician and pioneer, Fela Kuti. Watch the full interview here.
From Your Site Articles
- Watch Burna Boy's Interview on Hot 97's 'Ebro in the Morning ... ›
- Here Are All the Samples In Burna Boy's 'Twice As Tall' - OkayAfrica ›
- Burna Boy's New Album 'Twice As Tall' Is Coming This Week ... ›
- Burna Boy, Angelique Kidjo, Trevor Noah Nominated for 2020 ... ›
- Burna Boy's 'On the Low' Officially Certified Gold in France ... ›
- Burna Boy Goes Platinum In France With 'Be Honest' - OkayAfrica ›
- Dangote Isn't Nigeria's Hero, But Don't Ask Burna Boy - OkayAfrica ›
- This Is What the Burna Comics Pop-Up In NYC Looked Like - OkayAfrica ›
- Burna Boy's 'Destiny' Makes Biden-Harris Playlist as Inauguration Day Arrives ›
- Burna Boy Becomes First African Artist to Reach 100 Million Streams on Spotify - OkayAfrica ›