Burna Boy Highlights Relief Efforts Across Africa With 'One World: Together at Home' Performance
Burna Boy's performance was the most "shazamed" of the night.
The artist's performance highlighted relief efforts being carried out across the continent to combat COVID-19, as he appeared on screen from his home in Lagos. He performed his songs "African Giant" as well as 2017's "Hallelujah" as footage of citizens on the ground showed in between.
It appears that Burna Boy's performance garnered record-level curiosity from the millions of viewers who tuned in during the show. According to data from the popular music identification app Shazam which was shared by All Hip Hop, Burna's performance was the most "shazamed" of the night, followed by Colombian artist Maluma's performance of "Carnival" and Billie Joe Armstrong of Green Day's "Wake Me Up When September Ends."
The day-long concert series, which was curated by Lady Gaga, featured performances and appearances from the likes of Lupita Nyong'o, Stevie Wonder, Beyoncé, Black Coffee, Casper Nyovest, Idris Elba, The Rolling Stones and many more.
The concert was held in support of global relief efforts by the World Health Organization (WHO) and healthcare workers on the frontlines.
There have been close to 23,000 confirmed cases of coronavirus on the continent, with a death toll of over 1,000 people. According to BBC's "Coronavirus In Africa" tracker, over 5,600 have recovered.
Check out Burna Boy's full performance below.
Burna Boy performs "African Giant" & "Hallelujah" | One World: Together at Home www.youtube.com
- Bobi Wine Offers to Airlift Mistreated Africans Out of China - OkayAfrica ›
- Africans In China are Being Evicted from Their Homes and Blamed ... ›
- Op Ed: Africa is Not the Center of The Coronavirus Epidemic and the ... ›
- Global Citizen's upcoming 'One World: Together At Home' concert ... ›
- These Clips of Burna Boy and Diddy Dancing Together on IG Live ... ›
- Burna Boy, AKA, Angelique Kidjo & More to Perform During 'Africa Day Benefit Concert At Home' - OkayAfrica ›
- Burna Boy Goes Platinum In France With 'Be Honest' - OkayAfrica ›
- Listen to Burna Boy On Sam Smith’s New Single 'My Oasis' - OkayAfrica ›
- Global Citizen's Upcoming Concert Will Support African Healthcare Workers - OkayAfrica ›