Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Announces the Release of New Short Story ‘Zikora’
The Nigerian author is delighting fans with her first piece of fiction since 2013's Americanah.
"Zikora," which would be her first official piece of fiction in over seven years, is a short story about a Nigerian lawyer living in Washington, D.C. who has been abandoned by her highly-celebrated partner after learning that she's pregnant.
The story follows Zikora's life as she faces losing and being abandoned by her lover in such a life changing moment, as well as a tense relationship with her "helpful" mother who comes to help her prepare for her journey into motherhood.
In an excerpt from the short story, we gain a deeper understanding of how tumultuous the relationship between mother and daughter truly is.
"Zikora" will be available on October 27 as part of an Amazon Original series.
To read an excerpt of the short story, head to Entertainment Weekly.
- CHIMAMANDA NGOZI ADICHIE - OkayAfrica ›
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Brings Her 'Americanah' Blog To Life ... ›
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Opens Up About Sexual Assault ... ›
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie's 'We Should All Be Feminists' Adapted ... ›
- Read Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie's Feminist Manifesto on How to ... ›
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Is Nominated For A Grammy - OkayAfrica ›
- Chimamanda Adichie ›
- Beyoncé Samples Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie On Feminist Anthem ... ›
- A Timeline of Chimamanda Adichie's Controversial Remarks About ... ›