Okayafrica Seeks Event Coordinator
Okayafrica is seeking an event coordinator.
Black Coffee at Okayafrica's SummerStage Central Park, June 2014. (Photo: Jake Salyers)
Okayafrica is seeking an enthusiastic event coordinator with a love for special event management, providing outstanding customer service, and able to build relationships with internal and external customers.
• Develop event concepts and curate events such as live music performances, film screenings, art shows, interactive media, brand activations and others.
• Book talent, including live musical acts and DJs while coordinating their technical and hospitality riders, transportation needs, production needs, and guest needs.
• Calculate budgets and ensure they are adhered to.
• Monitor event timelines to ensure all deadlines are met.
• Scout and secure event space according to budget and needs.
• Negotiate with vendors about the types and costs of services they provide.
• Follow up with clients to arrange payment.
• Evaluate services provided and keep records for future events.
• Manage event guestlists and credentials.
• Send out invitations and manage RSVP lists.
• Provide assistance with outreach for sponsorship opportunities should they arise.
• Assist with all event-related deliverables including content capture.
• Coordinate with editorial and video/photo production teams on logistics, budgets and client expectations.
• Manage web and social media campaigns around event including contesting, editorial, e-blasts, etc.
• Proven event management experience
• The ability to be flexible and creative when planning great events
• Impressive portfolio of previously managed events
• Excellent time management, communication skills, and relationship management skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects independently
• MS Office and Google Docs proficiency
• Graphic design skills a plus
To apply, email email@example.com with a resume. Please put ‘Event Coordinator’ in the subject line. Deadline to apply is February 22.
Okayafrica is an EEO.