Burna Boy, Nasty C, Stonebwoy, Nadia Nakai & More Win 2019 AFRIMA Awards
Check out the full list of this year's winners.
The sixth annual All Africa Music Awards (AFRIMA) took place last night at the Eko Convention Centre in Lagos, Nigeria.
The yearly celebration—not to be confused with the Afrikan Musik Magazine Awards (AFRIMMA) which took place in October in Dallas—recognizes African musical talent from various regions of the continent. Several big name artists took home awards during last nights ceremony, which was hosted by Pearl Thusi and Eddie Kadi. Many nominees also performed at the AFRIMA Music Village Festival which took place on ahead of the awards show.
Burna Boy had a major night, winning Artist of the year and Best Male Artist in West Africa, while Tiwa Savage won Best Female Artist in West Africa. Nigerian newcomer, Joe Boy won Best Artiste in African pop. Ghanaian artist Stonebwoy won in the "Best Artist in African Reggae, Ragga or Dancehall" category.
Khaligraph Jones of Kenya won Best Male Artist in East Africa, while Nikita Kering of Kenya won Best Female Artist for the region. For the Central African region, Cameroon's Salatiel and Shan'L of Gabon won best male and female, respectively.
South Africa's Sjava won Best Male Artist for Southern African region and Nadia Nakai claimed the award for Best Female Artist. South Africa's Nasty C took home the award for Best African Rapper. For the North African region, Morocco's Amiinux and Nada Azhari won in the best male and female categories respectively.
Veteran Nigerian artist 2Baba and Congolese music veteran, Awilo Longomba both took home distinguished "Legendary Awards" during the show.
The #6thAFRIMA honour celebration begins with the legend Awilo Logomba #AFRIMAWARDS #AFRIMA2019 https://t.co/vl2fjzQqZi— #7thAFRIMA (@#7thAFRIMA)1574551416.0
Check below for a full list of this year's winners.
2019 AFRIMA Winners:
- Best Video Director Of The Year – Director Kenny, Tanzania
- Best Artist, Duo or Group in African Rock – Rash, Kenya
- Best Female Artiste Southern Africa – Nadia Nakai, South Africa
- Revelation of the African Continent – Nikita Kering, Kenya
- Best African DJ – DJ SPINALL, Nigeria
- Best Male Artiste in Central Africa – Salatiel, Cameroon
- Best Female Artist in Northern Africa – Nada Azhari, Morocco
- Best Female Artist in Central Africa – Shan'L, Gabon
- Best Male Artiste in Northern Africa – Amiinux, Morocco
- Best Male Artiste in Eastern Africa – Khaligraph Jones, Kenya
- Artist of the Year in Africa – Burna Boy, Nigeria
- Best Artist, Duo or Group in African Contemporary – 2face Idibia, Nigeria
- Best Male Artist in Southern Africa – Sjava, South Africa
- African Fans' Favourite – Mohamed Ramadan, Egypt
- Album of the Year in Africa – Afrikan Sauce by Sauti Sol, Kenya
- Best African Act in the Diaspora – Manno Beats, ft. Afrotronix & Vox Sambou, Chad
- Best Male Artiste in Western Africa – Burna Boy, Nigeria
- Best Female Artist in Western Africa – Tiwa Savage, Nigeria
- Best Female Artist in Eastern Africa – Nikita Kering, Kenya
- Best Artist, Duo or Group in African Pop – Joeboy, Nigeria
- Best African Collaboration – Nasty C ft. Rowlene
- Best African Artist, Duo or Group in African Electro – Manno Beats ft. Afrotronix & Vox Sambou
- Best African Duo, Group or Band – Sauti Sol, Kenya
- Best African Dance or Choreography – Aminux, Morocco
- Best Artist, Duo or Group in African Hip Hop – Nadia Nakai, South Africa
- Best African Rapper/Lyricist – Nasty C, South Africa
- Best Artist, Duo in Group in African Jazz – Owen & Tiana, Gabon
- Best Artist, Duo or Group in African R&B & Soul – Hillzy, Zimbabwe
- Best Artist, Duo or Group in African Reggae, Ragga or Dancehall – Stonebwoy, Ghana
- Best Artist, Duo or Group in African Traditional – Abrham Belanyeh, Ethiopia
- Best Female Artist, Duo or Group in African Inspirational Music – Kanvee Adams, Liberia
- Best Male Artist, Duo or Group in African Inspirational Music – Onesimus, Malawi
- Best African Video – Director Kenny, Tanzania
- Most Promising Artiste in Africa – Bráulio Alexandre, Angola
- Producer of the Year in Africa – Kel P, Nigeria
- Song of the Year in Africa – Fever by Wizkid, Nigeria
- Songwriter of the Year in Africa – Kanvee Adams, Liberia
- Here Are the Winners at the 2019 African Muzik Magazine Awards in ... ›
- Here's the Full List of AFRIMA Awards 2019 Winners - OkayAfrica ›
- Africa Music Awards ›
- AFRIMA Awards ›
- Africa at the BET Awards 2019: Dispatches from the Blue Carpet ... ›
- Tiwa Savage, Sauti Sol, 2Baba to Perform at 2019 AFRIMA Awards ... ›
- Sarkodie Won 'Best International Flow' at the 2019 BET Hip Hop ... ›
- Our Guide to the All Africa Music Awards 2019 - OkayAfrica ›
- 10 African Artists From Toronto to Watch - OkayAfrica ›
- The 8 Best East African Songs of the Month (August) - OkayAfrica ›
- The 8 Best East African Songs of the Month - OkayAfrica ›
- The 6 Best East African Songs of the Month (October) - OkayAfrica ›
- The 20 Best East African Songs of 2020 - OkayAfrica ›
- Joeboy Shares Visuals for New Track 'Lonely' - OkayAfrica ›
- The Best East African Songs of the Month (January) - OkayAfrica ›
- Here Are The 14th Headies Music Awards Winners - OkayAfrica ›
- The 7 Best East African Songs of the Month (March) - OkayAfrica ›
- Listen to Nasty C’s New Song ‘Best I Ever Had’ - OkayAfrica ›