See the full list of African artists honored during Tuesday's nomination ceremony.
Next year's Grammynominations are in and Africa showed up and out!
The 64th annual Grammy music awards are on the horizon, and Tuesday's nomination ceremony covered a lot of ground within the music industry. Not surprisingly, Wizkid's Made In Lagos (Deluxe) received a nod for Best Global Music album, with the stellar and globally adorned track "Essence" featuring Nigeria's Tems being nominated for Best Global Music Performance. Nigerian favorites Femi and Made Kuti's joint project Legacy+ received a nomination under the Best Global Music Album category.
Other notable nods include; Beninese singer-songwriter Angélique Kidjo's collaboration with Nigerian powerhouse Burna Boy, as well her performance with American cellist Yo-Yo Ma received under the Global Music Performance category. South Africa's Black Coffee's album Subconsciously made its mark within the Best Dance/Electronic MusicAlbum category with his own nomination, and Ghanaian artist Rocky Dawuni under Best Global Music Album.
The music ceremony will be hosted in Los Angeles, US on January 31 2022 and we're excited to see who snags the highly coveted awards during next year's ceremony. In the meantime, let us know on Twitter who you're excited to see perform.
Keep scrolling to see the full list of African artists nominated for next year's Grammy award ceremony.
Best Global Music Performance
"Mohabbat," Arooj Aftab
"Do Yourself," Angelique Kidjo and Burna Boy
"Pà Pá Pà," Femi Kuti
"Blewu," Yo-Yo Ma and Angelique Kidjo
"Essence," Wizkid featuring Tems
Best Global Music Album
"Voice Of Bunbon, Vol. 1," Rocky Dawuni
"East West Players Presents: Daniel Ho and Friends Live in Concert," Daniel Ho and Friends
"Mother Nature," Angelique Kidjo
"Legacy +," Femi Kuti and Made Kuti
"Made In Lagos: Deluxe Edition," Wizkid
Best Dance/Electronic Music Album
"Subconsciously," Black Coffee
"Fallen Embers," Illenium
"Music Is the Weapon (Reloaded)," Major Lazer
"Free Love," Sylvan Esso
"Judgement," Ten City
- Grammys 2020: Performers Pay Tribute to Nipsey Hussle In ... ›
- Bombino, the First Nigerien Artist to Be Nominated For a Grammy ... ›
- Meet Kah-Lo, the Grammy-Nominated Nigerian Singer You Haven't ... ›
- Burna Boy Set to Perform at the Grammys 2021 Premiere Ceremony ... ›
- Burna Boy, Tinariwen, Michael Kiwanuka & More Nominated For ... ›
- Watch Burna Boy's Stunning Performance And Grammy Acceptance ... ›
- Burna Boy, Angelique Kidjo, Trevor Noah Nominated for 2020 ... ›
- DACA Artists Won 3 Grammy Awards For 'American Dreamers ... ›
- Meet Fawaz, the Artist Behind Wizkid’s Album Artwork - OkayAfrica ›
- Wizkid Set To Co-Headline Roots Picnic 2022 ›
- WizKid Longs For His 'True Love' In New Sultry Visuals - OkayAfrica ›
- Grammys Have to Figure Out Their Place In Global Music - OkayAfrica ›