7 of Our Favorite Moments From 'Chewing Gum' To Celebrate Its Return
Chewing Gum is coming back! Here are just seven of the many times that Michaela Coel had us in stitches.
In case you haven't heard yet, Chewing Gum is returning for a third season! Michaela Coel confirmed the remarkable news via Twitter last week. This means we have more of Tracey's hysterical shenanigans to look forward to some time in the future.
Suffice it to say, we're ecstatic.
Given the amazing news, we think it's a rather momentous time to revisit some of the show's funniest scenes (they're honestly too many to count) and celebrate Michaela Coel's comedic genius.
Below we give you just 7 hilarious moments from "Chewing Gum" that remind us exactly why we became addicted to the show in the first place. Check them out below.
1. Her unforgettable prayer to her personal Lord and Saviors:
2. The problematic, yet entirely hilarious "African" dance number she did to satisfy a creepy partner's bizarre fetish:
3. That time she flat-out lied about Stormzy being her boyfriend to make her ex jealous...and then this happened:
4. The time Tracey's sister Cynthia was about to marry her ex-boyfriend, but he decided to come out on their wedding day and leave her at the alter instead. Ha!
5. Pretty much anything that happens to Cynthia, really. Poor girl can't seem to catch a break.
6. The time Tracey tried to con her mom into believing she had performed a miracle on a limping "sinner" so she could move back in, but it was really just her best friend, Ola, who blew the jig by breaking out into this spectacular dance number:
7. Her uncanny ability to make any and every situation hilariously awkward. Here's live footage of her attempting to lose her virginity:
And that, my friends, is why the news of the show's return has singlehandedly made our week. Catch up on seasons 1 and 2 of "Chewing Gum" now on Netflix, and revisit our season 2 recap on how the show reframes sexual liberation.