8 Reasons Why Kendrick Lamar's New Music Video Is The Only Thing You Need to Watch Today
Kendrick Lamar dropped a new music video for "Humble"—and IT IS EVERYTHING.
Can we talk about Kendrick Lamar for a minute, y'all?
Ok, cool. Thanks.
His new song, "Humble," is (rightfully) breaking the internet—and our ear drums—this morning. On it, Kendrick basically tells every other rapper in the game to "have a seat," in that clever, mettlesome way that he's come to master over the years. And once again, IT IS EVERYTHING.
The music video alone is pure, inextinguishable, fire. Directed by Dave Meyers and The Little Homies—the alias of TDE president Dave Free and Kendrick himself—the video is brimming with energy and mind-blowingly dope imagery.
You will be given life after watching these three minutes of greatness.
“Humble” is the only video you need to watch today—and pretty much all month. Here are eight reasons why:
1. He commands rappers to sit down and be humble.
2. But still reminds them his left stroke went viral
3. It features an all-Black last supper
4. He shits on photoshop, and celebrates stretch marks instead.
5. He makes priest attire look fresh as hell.
6. He makes a shower cap look fresh as hell.
7. There's a sea of bobbling heads.
8. The song is so hot that heads are literally on fire.
*Throws up Black power fist*