Listen to Langa Mavuso's Debut Album 'LANGA'
Soothing and deeply moving, Langa Mavuso's debut album 'LANGA' is an exquisite musical offering we didn't know we needed until now.
If there is one thing that Mavuso knows how to do, and do very well, is take the listener on a journey. His soothing and melodic voice makes not only this recent project, but his entire discography thus far, an enjoyable and deeply moving experience. On LANGA, "Searching" is a slow-paced number which achingly explores the artist's search for true love amid constant doubts. "Spirit", "Pretend" and "I Wish" are all tracks which bring about a slight sense of nostalgia––you're immediately homesick for something or someone you may not even know.
Speaking in a recent interview about his latest musical offering, Mavuso says that a lyric that makes him particularly sad is, "You've got a new life. Your soul's flown a new flight. I wish I could see you there." He continues by saying, "[It's] from "Love Lost". It's a song about the moment of letting go – we finally hear a positive reflection on the love shared in the past and it, I recount the memories of a love I'd lost through death and finally accepts the loss of it through this song."
Listen to LANGA on Apple Music:
Listen to LANGA on Spotify:
- The Artist Is Present: Langa Mavuso On Loss, Love & Finding Home ... ›
- Langa Mavuso Releases New Single 'Panther' Featuring Yanga Chief ›
- Watch the Music Video for Loyiso and Langa Mavuso's ... ›
- Solo (ft. Langa Mavuso) "See Plenty Dreams" - OkayAfrica ›
- Langa Mavuso "Love Lost" - OkayAfrica ›
- 20 South African Artists Who Could Fuck Up The Game In 2018 ... ›
- Loyiso 'Intliziyo' feat. Langa Mavuso - OkayAfrica ›
- Langa Mavuso’s ‘LANGA’ Captures the Beginning, Middle & End of Heartbreak - OkayAfrica ›
- Interview: In The Beginning Was Manana - OkayAfrica ›