Listen to Little Simz's New EP 'Drop 6'
The rapper recorded the entire project in April while in self-isolation.
British-Nigerian rapper Little Simz shares her new EP, Drop 6, which she wrote and recorded within the last month of being on lockdown.
The project sees the artist delivering witty, self-assured lyrics on tracks like "might bang, might not," "one life, might live" and retrospective lines on "you should call your mum." It features production from TDE's Kal Banx, OTG, Kadz and more, while singer Alewya features on the closing track "where's my lighter."
The Mercury Prize-nominated rapper announced she'd be releasing the project with an Instagram post at the end of April. She released the 5-track project on Thursday and will also be holding a live listening session on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter today at 7PM (UTC).
"Thank you for being the lights that you are," Simz wrote to her fans in a press statement via The Fader. "You're all needed, valued, appreciated, and loved. Not just by me of course and I am sure I can speak on behalf of everyone you hold dear in your lives close to you. This is a turbulent time but we don't fold. We don't come from that. We will always be fine."
Stream Drop 6 below via Spotify and Apple Music.
- Little Simz' New Music Video for 'Selfish' Is a Reflective Vibe ... ›
- Watch Little Simz's Effortlessly Cool "Tiny Desk Concert ... ›
- Little Simz, Dave and More to Star In 'Top Boy' Season 3 on Netflix ... ›
- Little Simz, Dave, Nao & More Earn 2019 Mercury Prize Nominations ›
- Little Simz — OKAYAFRICA's 100 WOMEN ›