Video: Get To Know the Nigerian-American Hair Guru Behind Both Beyoncé's and Solange's Braids
OkayAfrica sat down for a quick chat with Susy Oludele about building her budding hair empire.
Susy Oludele, is the talented hair guru and businesswoman who's responsible for some of your favorite celebrities' stunning braids.
Oludele recently sat down with OkayAfrica to tell us more about her rapidly growing hair empire, which includes her Brooklyn-based salon, Hair by Susy, a vibrant social media following, group events and more.
The energetic stylist also discusses what it's like doing hair for none-other than superstar Beyoncé, Solange, and Zoe Kravitz to name a few. She also gives us the scoop on her future career plans and upcoming projects she's working on.
Oludele is an inspiring creative with an infectious personality! Check out the video below, to learn more about her story and revisit our profile on Oludele from earlier this year, where the artists talks about how radical self-confidence led her to success in the hair industry.
Videographer/Editor: Ike Slimster
Produce: Chika Okoli
- 100 Women: Susy Oludele and Alsarah On the Power of Following ... ›
- African Creature On How Radical Self-Confidence Made Her the ... ›
- Driving Forces: Hair by Susy is Building Community in Brooklyn ... ›
- Hair By Susy and OkayAfrica Present 'Lady,' a Celebration of ... ›
- Susy Oludele — OKAYAFRICA's 100 WOMEN ›