Okayafrica Seeks Content Manager
Okayafrica is seeking a full time Content Manager to work out of our Brooklyn, New York office.
Okayafrica is seeking a full time Content Manager to work out of our Brooklyn, New York office. This person will work closely with our editorial team, covering the latest in African arts, culture and politics.
The ideal candidate should have a deep knowledge of the latest cultural and social trends taking place on the African continent. A great blogging voice is a plus.
• Managing our CMS, social media and analytics accounts.
• Developing blog posts and feature articles with staff writers and freelancers that reflect the Okayafrica vision.
• Working independently to turn around blog posts about events as they’re happening.
• Assisting in developing editorial policies as Okayafrica grows.
Skills and Experience:
• Interest in African affairs, culture, and music, and/or experience on the continent is a big asset.
• Must have 2+ years of writing or editing experience at a magazine or blog.
• Must have strong writing, communication, and organizational skills.
• Familiarity with WordPress, Google Docs, and other content management systems is essential.
• Must have sharp attention for detail and a strong knowledge of grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
• Must have a firm grasp of social media platforms and communities, including YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
To apply, email email@example.com with a resume, cover letter and writing/editing samples.
Okayafrica is an EEO.