What's Up Africa: French Heroes in Mali??!! WTF??
Check out the latest episode of African political satire and sketch comedy series "What's Up Africa" hosted by Ikenna Azuike.
In the latest episode of What's Up Africa Ikenna Azuike provides some necessary satire to the deployment of French troops in Mali, Kenyan President Mwai Kibaki's outrageous revised retirement package and a brief shout-out to the musical genius that is Michael Kiwanuka. If others have shied away from finding some humor in the Mali conflict, this episode draws attention to the absurdity of complexity- our inability to actually identify the root cause of the conflict. According to Ikenna we have six choices of who to blame:
1. Islamist fundamentalists from Libya returned to Mali after the downfall of Gaddafi.
2. Legacy of Osama Bin Laden
3. The Touaregs
4. Coup led by Amadou Haya Sanogo
5. Amadou Toumani Toure (Deposed President)
6. A century of colonial rule and political economic and religious interference from the countries eager to establish a strategic foothold in West Africa (Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Algeria)?
It doesn't sound funny- but trust us, there's definitely a chuckle or two in there. Be sure to check out this week's episode (above) of what is clearly a brilliant African political satire series.