Wizkid Is Named In the 2018 Guinness Book of World Records
Wizkid is named in the 2018 Guinness Book of World Records for his 2016 collaboration with Drake.
It looks like Nigeria's own, Wizkid just became the first afrobeats artist to make it into the Guinness Book of World Records.
The singer's name is listed in the 2018 Guinness Book of World Records under the "Most streamed song on Spotify" category along with Drake for their 2016 collaboration "One Dance."
Twitter fan page, Wizkid Vibez shared an image of the artist's name in the 2018 edition of the book yesterday.
Went grocery shopping today and came across the new 2018 "Guinness World Records" book. Guess whose name was on one of d pages? Yes! Wizkid! pic.twitter.com/xKSiUEo4q7
— Wizkid Vibez 🇨🇦 (@9ja_canadian) September 21, 2017
Two years later, and the smash hit is still breaking records. Wizkid deserves much of the credit, as he co-wrote and co-produced the song and appears—though faintly—on the bridge. Shine on, Star Boy!
Wizkid dropped his much-anticipated collaboration with U.S. rapper Future on Tuesday.
UPDATE 09/25: As of Friday, September 22, Ed Sheeran's "Shape of You" is now the most streamed song ever on Spotify.
From Your Site Articles
- Listen to Wizkid’s New Song 'Smile’ Featuring H.E.R - OkayAfrica ›
- Watch Wizkid’s New Music Video For ‘Smile’ Featuring H.E.R. - OkayAfrica ›
- Watch Wizkid's Full Live Show at London's O2 Arena - OkayAfrica ›
- Watch Wizkid & Tems Perform 'Essence' Live On Fallon - OkayAfrica ›
- Wizkid: New Album ‘More Love, Less Ego,’ Shares New Song - OkayAfrica ›
- Nigeria’s Hilda Baci Smashes Guinness World Record for Consecutive Time Cooking - OkayAfrica ›