In Photos: Riky Rick’s Cotton Fest 2020 Was Bigger & Better
Browse through photos from the second annual Cotton Fest.
Cotton Fest , the South African music and street culture festival started by Riky Rick , came back in grand fashion this year. Last year's event had already proved to be a spectacle and a great start to a festival that has big potential.
For 2020, Riky Rick and his team refused to rest on their laurels, as they stretched themselves further. The festival had three stages this year.
The main stage hosted the likes of Kwesta , Shane Eagle , Emtee and many of the country's biggest hip-hop artists. The Rage stage showcased the new wave ( The Big Hash , Dee Koala , Costa Titch , and more) while the Desperados stage hosted some of the most popular house artists, which meant there was plenty of amapiano— DJ Maphorisa and Kabza De Small , DJ Fresh an d Distruction Boyz among others dished out sets that packed the dance floor.
There were more stalls than there were last year, offering a wide range of brands and merchandise. As expected from a festival called Cotton Fest, founded by Riky Rick, one of the most stylish South Africans, attendees came dressed to the T.
Cotton Fest is becoming one of the most important events in South Africa's hip-hop and social calendar. It's a festival that resonates with the current generation of hip-hop and urban artists, a group that hasn't been afforded the privilege to showcase their craft and shake hands in a magnitude this large.
Below are some photos from the event.
- In Photos: The Spectacle That Was Riky Rick's Cotton Fest ... ›
- Riky Rick Shares Cotton Fest Aftermovie, Says Next Year's Event ... ›
- Cotton Fest ›
- Here's The Lineup for Riky Rick's Cotton Fest - OkayAfrica ›
- Check Out The Full Lineup of Riky Rick's Cotton Fest - OkayAfrica ›
- Riky Rick Experiments With Amapiano in 2 New Singles ‘UNGAZINCISHI’ and ‘HOME’ - OkayAfrica ›
- Riky Rick Shares Visuals for 'Ungazincishi' Featuring Focalistic & Tyler ICU - OkayAfrica ›