Listen to DJ Double D's new single 'Grocery Store' featuring Zoocci Coke Dope, Benny Afroe & Manu WorldStar.
South African hip-hop DJ, producer and sound engineer DJ Double D's new song features some of South Africa's young talent— Zoocci Coke Dope, Benny Afroe & Manu WorldStar.
A rubbery bassline, normally heard on R&B and West Coast G funk, is anchored by 808s alongside a cushion of pads. "Grocery Store" contains a combination of raps and melodies.
“Focused on my diva. Focused on my baby and my Dibas“ - @manu_worldstar brings the tunnel vision 👁 @djddoubled x… https://t.co/7tyWOlhe9K— Vthseason (@Vthseason) 1588762843.0
Describing how the song came together, DJ D Double D explains:
"I first heard the hook of this song and beat in studio months back with Zoocci Coke Dope. I was then approached by Raphael Benza of Vth Season who was A&R on this song with Benny Afroe's verse on it as we had been speaking about doing a collaboration for a while. I immediately knew that I needed to be involved in this single and complete the song to give the fans this phenomenal single."
DJ D Double D adds: "I then approached Manu WorldStar to lace the final verse on the single as we had also been speaking of working on a song together for some time and he completely bodied it. 'Grocery Store' was then born."
DJ D Double D - Grocery Store (Official Audio) ft Zoocci Coke Dope, Benny Afroe & Manu WorldStaryoutu.be
- Best of the Decade: The Greatest South African Hip-Hop Songs of ... ›
- The 30 Best South African Hip-Hop Songs of 2017 - OkayAfrica ›
- Audio: DJ Spooky "Ghost World: A Story in Sound" - OkayAfrica ›
- 10 Musicians From Côte d'Ivoire You Should Be Listening To ... ›
- Manu WorldStar Announces New EP ‘Molimo’ Featuring Sjava, Rouge, Rowlene and Others - OkayAfrica ›
- Manu WorldStar Drops Much-Anticipated Album 'Molimo' - OkayAfrica ›
- Manu WorldStar Shares Fire Visuals for ‘Choko’ - OkayAfrica ›
- Listen to 'DIAWA' by Benny Afroe Featuring King Monada - OkayAfrica ›