Okayafrica Seeks a Staff Writer To Join Our Editorial Team
Okayafrica is seeking a staff writer. Please share!
Okayafrica is seeking a staff writer to work from our Brooklyn office. You must have a strong point of view and be able to turn around multiple posts in a day about a wide variety of topics related to the African continent.
The successful candidate will have a dynamic social media presence and a track record of writing popular content for the web.
- Working with the editorial team to quickly transform story ideas into engaging articles.
- Keeping up with the most exciting cultural movements happening in Africa right now and its many diasporas.
- Developing a rich network of sources and connections across various industries and regions.
Skills and Experience:
- An interest in African affairs, culture, and music.
- Must have 2+ years of writing experience at a magazine, newspaper or blog.
- Familiarity with content management systems and their quirks is essential.
- You should be able to use social media as a reporting tool but won’t hesitate to make the extra call to get the story.
- Experience with Photoshop and photo sourcing.
To apply, email email@example.com before December 31st with a resume, short cover letter and a handful of links to relevant writing and multimedia samples. Please put “News Blogger” in the subject line.
Okayafrica is an EEO.