YoungstaCPT Pays Homage to His Family in New Visuals For ‘La Familie’
Watch YoungstaCPT's new music video for 'La Familie.'
In the visuals for YoungstaCPT's song "La Familie," various members of his family make appearances. Filmed in monochrome, the music video captures the emotions and dynamics one associate with family—love, conflict, care and death.
In the song, the lyricist raps about his personal family history and touches on the importance of family in general.
"This one means the most to me because it includes my actual family members and my grandfather makes his debut in a music video from my award winning album 3T which he helped create," says YoungstaCPT.
Among other members of his family who appear in the video are YoungstaCPT's mother and grandmother, who the rapper has rapped extensively about in his vast catalog of albums, mixtapes, EPs and singles. YoungstaCPT's 2019 debut album 3T was narrated by his grandfather, who appears towards the end of the video alongside his voiceover from the song.
"La Familie" is the latest song from 3T to be treated to visuals. It joins a string of singles including "Old Kaapie," "YVR," "For Coloured Girls," "To Live and Die in CA," "The Cape of Good Dope," and a few others.
YoungstaCPT had plenty of songs to choose from, from an album that spans 22 tracks.
YoungstaCPT - La Familie youtu.be
- YoungstaCPT Shares New Visuals for 'Just Be Lekker' - OkayAfrica ›
- Watch YoungstaCPT's Music Video For 'YVR (Young Van Riebeek ... ›
- The Top 10 Best Youngsta Songs - OkayAfrica ›
- Listen to YoungstaCPT's New Single 'YVR' - OkayAfrica ›
- Watch YoungstaCPT's Music Video for 'To Live and Die in CA ... ›
- Things Take Time in the Empire of Sheep - OkayAfrica ›
- YoungstaCPT Shares Lovely Visuals for 'For Coloured Girls ... ›
- South Africa's Most Prolific Rapper, YoungstaCPT, Is Taking It Back ... ›
- YoungstaCPT Unpacks the Past, Present and Hopeful Future of ... ›
- YoungstaCPT Releases Music Video for '1000 Mistakes' - OkayAfrica ›
- Watch YoungstaCPT's New Music Video for 'Kleurling' - OkayAfrica ›