Cape Town Electronic Music Festival Launches UK BassXchange Competition
Cape Town Electronic Music Festival and British Council Connect ZA want rising UK producers to submit mixes for the BassXchange UK/ZA 2015.
Cape Town Electronic Music Festival returns for its fourth go-around this February. And while we're still waiting on news of an official artist roster and workshop schedule, CTEMF and the British Council Connect ZA have launched the second edition of their BassxChange UK/ZA competition tasking rising UK producers to submit mixes for the chance to showcase their music at this year's festival. The contest is open to UK-based bass artists, and the deadline to submit is 11 January. See below for more details:
Upload an original set to Mixcloud that contains a minimum of three of your own productions, remixes or bootlegs. A qualified tracklisting must accompany your mix. Two of the Festival’s headlining artists along with the CTEMF programmers and the Mixcloud team will help the judges decide who will be boarding a flight to Cape Town!
How to enter:
• Upload an original ‘BassXchange Mix’ of no more than 60 minutes here
• Title the mix "BassXchange UK/ZA 2015 [Your DJ Name]"”
• Tag the mix: "BassXchange UK/ZA 2015" If you fail to tag the mix correctly, your entry may be missed.
• Add tracklist. Mixes without a track listing will not be considered.
• Use the cover art provided here. If you fail to use this cover art, your entry may be missed.
• Return flight to Cape Town.
• Accommodation from 3 – 9th February 2015.
• DJ Set as part of the #CTEMFSatellite programme.
• Full weekend VIP pass for The Cape Town Electronic Music Festival.
• Studio time in the Red Bull Studio Cape Town.
• Publicity through #CTEMF partner media channels.
• Opportunity to network within the ZA music scene.
• R5000 spending money.
Cape Town Electronic Music Festival goes down 3-8 February, with a 3-day program of workshops and showcases to begin the series followed by the core festival that Friday to Sunday (Feb. 6-8). For more, see our list of 8 Cape Town-based artists to look out for at last year's edition, and watch the official recap video below.