People Are Throwing Shade at Convicted Racist Vicki Momberg's Cornrows
Did she try to appear less racist by channeling Rachel Dolezal?
After being sentenced to three years in prison, and spending a week in jail for throwing racial slurs at a Johannesburg police officer, Vicki Momberg came out of her cell in cornrows to apply for her leave of appeal. The flood of social media reactions of people both confused and amused by her style choice.
Momberg was arrested in 2016 after a video went viral in which she repeatedly called a black officer coming to her aid the k-word. According to The Washington Post, she used the k-word 48 times. As a result, she has become the first person in South Africa to be arrested for racial slurs. As reported by The South African, the hearing for appeal has been postponed to next week.
Perhaps a cellmate suggested she wear cornrows to obtain her get out of jail free card to appear "less racist." Whatever the reason, it was a bad idea as the world of social media has been so blatantly expressing.
View our favorite outrageous social media reactions below.
Related Articles Around the Web
- Former real estate agent Vicki Momberg to be sentenced over racial ... ›
- Racist rant caught on camera - YouTube ›
- South African woman jailed for racist rant - CNN ›
- Vicki Momberg's new cornrows ›
- South African woman jailed in landmark ruling for racist rant | World ... ›
- BREAKING: Racist estate agent Vicki Momberg guilty of 4 counts of ... ›
- Woman in racist video to appear in court ›