The Rise Of Swaziland’s Hip-Hop Scene: 13 Notable Swazi Hip-Hop Artists
In "The Rise Of Swaziland’s Hip-Hop Scene," Sabelo Mkhabela highlights 13 notable Swazi hip-hop acts.
Photo via Facebook
2014 belonged to 80 Script after he gave a great performance at The Hipnotik Festival. His debut project, These Are The Basics, is an outstanding body of work that sees the emcee tell his story unapologetically over production that varies from boom bap-inspired beats to the incumbent trap style of production. The project boasts features from the likes of Psycho Lution, Qibho Intalektual, Yung Zii and Illuminous, and production from the revered SubJamz. 80 Script has shown substantial growth since the days of coming up with four-man squad Forkast just a few years ago.
- Interview: Award-Winning Eswatini Artist Mzwaa is Shifting The Paradigm - OkayAfrica ›
- Eswatini Rapper Grixxly Showcases Lyrical Prowess in Debut EP ‘As The Fruit Ripens’ - OkayAfrica ›
- Eswatini Youth Demand Justice After Thabani Nkomonye’s Mysterious Death ›
- Antidote Music’s ‘The Vault Unlocked: Eswatini Dance Music Compilation’ Showcases New Talent from The Kingdom - OkayAfrica ›
- Lojay Is the New Kid on the Block - OkayAfrica ›
- Lojay Is On the Rise - OkayAfrica ›