Ludacris Has Become a Gabonese Citizen
"I just became an official citizen of Gabon, of Africa."
The Atlanta rapper and actor confirmed his new citizenship in an Instagram post from Libreville. His wife, Eudoxie Mbouguiengue, is originally from Gabon.
In an Instagram video Ludacris mentioned. "Ladies and gentleman, I just became and official citizen of Gabon." He also wrote, "Starting my new year off with dual citizenship! AFRICA IM OFFICIAL!! Momma & kids too. The best gift of the decade."
Ludacris will retain his American passport making him a dual citizen of both nations.
Over the holidays, the rapper and his family also visited Ghana for The Year of Return, where they spent New Year's Eve.
During his time in Accra, Luda wrote : "Our ancestors never gave up Faith. You can never imprison our minds nor our spirits. They empowered me to Return. I have completed the cycle and I'm beginning a new Cycle. The Chains have been Broken and the indomitable resilience of African People Triumphs."
Luda was also spotted dancing to Burna Boy and Zlatan's "Killin Dem" over the holiday celebrations.
Check out all the posts below!
- #Goals: Teddy Ondo Ella Is the Menswear Designer Bringing ... ›
- Gabonese Photographer Yannis Davy Guibinga Shares a Magical ... ›
- Hear a Trippy New Compilation from 80s Gabonese Musician ... ›
- In Gabon, an AFCON Boycott Has Crowds Staying Home - OkayAfrica ›
- Gabon is the First African Nation to Be Rewarded for Conservation ... ›
- Gabon Elects First Female Prime Minister in Light of Government Shake Up ›
- Gabon's New Military Leader Has Been Sworn in as Interim President - Okayplayer ›
- Gabon's Military Leader Renounces Presidential Salary - Okayplayer ›