Noah’s award comes with $5,000 and a crystal plaque.
South African comedian and Daily Show host Trevor Noah slays for a living. His memoir “Born a Crime" just won the Thurber Prize for American Humor.
To win the award, Noah's book beat two novels: Ken Pisani's “Amp'd" and Aaron Their's “Mr. Eternity."
Noah's award comes with $5,000 and a crystal plaque.
It's worth noting that Noah's predecessor at the Daily Show, Jon Stewart is a previous winner of the award.
His memoir 'Born a Crime' was awarded the Thurber Prize for American Humour last night.#ProudlySA pic.twitter.com/76ZSuXd4eT
— Phil Kgopolo Mphela (@PhilMphela) 3 October 2017
Congrats, Trevor Noah!
- Details on Trevor Noah's Book, "Born a Crime: Stories from a South ... ›
- Lupita Nyong'o Will Star In the Film Adaptation of Trevor Noah's ... ›
- Hear an Exclusive Clip From Trevor Noah's New Book, 'Born a Crime' ›
- Trevor Noah's 'Born a Crime' is Back at the Number One Spot ... ›
- Trevor Noah's Reaction to Lupita Nyong'o Playing His Mother In ... ›
- Interview: Sha Sha Emerges From Featured Artist to Take Centre Stage - OkayAfrica ›