Video: Niniola Talks Afro-House and Getting Co-Signs From Timbaland & Drake
We sit down with the Nigerian singer for our latest installment of 'Moments With'
Niniola is the Nigerian queen of afro-house.
Through massive singles like "Maradona" and "Bana"—and standout albums like This Is Me—the singer has taken the throne as the leading artist pushing a blend of afro-pop and house. She's continued that upward trend with more recent drops like "Boda Sodiq" and "Designer." The artist was also one of OkayAfrica's 2019 100 Women honorees.
Niniola sits down with us for this latest edition of Moments With, in which she talks about growing up in Nigeria, the success of "Maradona," and getting recent co-signs from Timbaland and Drake.
Moments With: Niniola youtu.be
Moments With is a cross-brand series between Okayplayer and OkayAfrica, bringing viewers in for an intimate moment with some of the most iconic names and people to watch in entertainment.
Producers | Kam Tambini & Greg Poole
Editor | Israel Nava
Cinematographer | Nicola Benizzi
- The 10 Songs You Need to Hear This Week - OkayAfrica ›
- Niniola Returns With Infectious New Single 'Boda Sodiq' - OkayAfrica ›
- Niniola — OKAYAFRICA's 100 WOMEN ›
- Niniola Is the Nigerian Queen of Afro-House - OkayAfrica ›
- Listen to Niniola's New Song 'Fantasy,' Featuring Femi Kuti ... ›
- Niniola Brings Africa To The World With New Album 'Colours and Sounds' - OkayAfrica ›