Davido Sets New Record as the Most Viewed Nigerian Artist on YouTube
The "Fall" singer has surpassed 500 million views across videos.
Another day, another Davido record.
After securing the video for "Fall," which has just under 140 million streams on YouTube, as the most viewed Nigerian music video on the platform, the artist has set another record, becoming most viewed Nigerian artist on the platform across all of his uploads.
The artist has surpassed 500 million views, across several videos including "Fall," "If," "Fia," "Assurance" and more, as noted in Konbini.
The artist celebrated the feat on Twitter yesterday, after the news was shared by the Twitter page Chart Data Nigeria.
Last year, "Fall" beat out Yemi Alade's hit song "Johnny" to become the first Nigerian music video to reach 100 million views on YouTube. Both artist continue to break records on the platform, though. Earlier this month Alade became the first female Nigerian singer to reach a million subscribers.
"It's a great time for Africa, it's a great time for African music," Davido told OkayAfrica in an interview last month. "The whole culture as a whole. Growing up it wasn't cool to be from Africa, but now everyone wants to be involved in the culture."
As Nigerian artist continue to reach new heights in the industry, we're excited to see what records they'll break next.
From Your Site Articles
- Davido's 'A Good Time' Reaches Over a Billion Streams - OkayAfrica ›
- YouTube Announces 'Black Voices Fund' for African Creators - OkayAfrica ›
- Khalid Recruits Davido and Tems on New Single 'Know Your Worth (Remix)' - OkayAfrica ›
- Interview: TG Omori Is Breathing New Life Into Nigerian Music Videos - Okayplayer ›
- The 12 Best Nigerian Songs of the Month - Okayplayer ›
- Watch Demola & Davido's New Music Video For 'Gbedu' - Okayplayer ›