Def Jam Africa branches out and announces the signings of Tenor, Suspect 95 and Omzo Dollar.
Def Jam Africa has announced their further expansion and venture into French-speaking regions.
Universal Music Group's label, which was launched in May 2020, is dedicated to representing "the best hip-hop, Afrobeats and trap talent in Africa," a press statement mentions.
Additional resources will be based within Universal Music Group's offices in Abidjan, Dakar and Douala, as to be close and dedicated to discovering local talent. General Director Franck Kacou will work closely with Universal Music Sub-Saharan Africa & South Africa CEO Sipho Dlamini in Johannesburg, South Africa and Lagos, Nigeria to ensure that artists across the entire continent are being sought out and signed.
Flagship signings from the newly included countries include Cameroon's Tenor, Suspect 95 from Côte d'Ivoire, and Omzo Dollar who hails from Senegal. The three artists are in good hands as members of the Def Jam Africa team include Cassper Nyovest, Nasty C, Larry Gaaga, Boity, and many more.
Olivier Nusse, Chairman & CEO, Universal Music France says, "African hip-hop is one of the most exciting movements in music today. In recent years we have seen an increase in its popularity in France, but the appetite for African hip-hop continues to grow amongst audiences around the world. We are excited to further expand Def Jam Africa into Cameroon, Senegal and Côte d'Ivoire, and for these incredible artists to help build Def Jam Africa into the authentic and collaborative home of hip-hop across all of Africa."
- AFRICA IN YOUR EARBUDS #32: M1 OF DEAD PREZ - OkayAfrica ›
- Davido's 'Fall' Goes Gold - OkayAfrica ›
- Peep Nasty C's Picks in His Exclusive Shazam Playlist, a First for an ... ›
- Def Jam Africa ›
- Nasty C Announces YouTube Stay Home #WithMe Concert ... ›
- Hundreds of Zimbabweans are Protesting in Support of the ... ›
- Nasty C On His Upcoming Album 'Zulu Man With Some Power ... ›
- Nasty C Signs with Def Jam Recordings and Releases New Single ›
- Nasty C Signs with Def Jam Recordings and Releases New Single ... ›
- Def Jam Africa Launches in South Africa and Nigeria - OkayAfrica ›
- Making Music Between the Cracks In Senegal - OkayAfrica ›
- Def Jam Announces Nigerian Chairman & CEO Tunji Balogun - OkayAfrica ›