Photo provided by the artist.
The 5 Songs You Need to Hear This Week
Featuring Kwesi Arthur, Medikal, Mafikizolo, Sun-El Musician, Davido and more.
Every week, we highlight the top releases through our best music of the week column.
Here's our round up of the best tracks and music videos that came across our desks, which you can also check out in our Songs You Need to Hear This Week playlists on Spotify and Apple Music.
Kwesi Arthur x Medikal 'Different'
Ghanaian stars Kwesi Arthur and Medikal connect on the new assertive banger "Different." In it, the duo trade a series of slick rhymes backed by heavy bass kicks and eerie piano keys.
Teezee x Davido 'Badi'
Nigeria's Teezee links up with superstar Davido for his breezy new one built on keys, "Badi." Teezee is set to release his debut solo EP, Arrested By Love soon. It's an unapologetic statement of carefree living and self-acceptance, with a line up of features including Pa Salieu, Deto Black. Lancey Foux, Prettyboy D O and more
Mafikizolo x Sun-El Musician x Simmy 'Mamezala'
Star duo Mafikizolo connect with Simmy and producer Sun-El Musician for the highly-addictive "Mamezala." Mamezala which means mother-in-law in Zulu is a mid-tempo track celebrating the formalization of a union through a wedding, and urging the future mother-in-law to come outside, welcome the guests, and celebrate with ululations the incoming son/daughter-in-law.
Jess ETA 'Skata'
Rising Nigerian Jess ETA comes through with the head-turning new single "Skata," the lead track from his upcoming debut album. The afro-fusion and R&B-tinged number sees Jess ETA going in over a sizzling beat."Skata ijust transported me to its own world.. all I could think about was being enamoured with a woman whose assets and skills commanded the attention of everyone around her," he mentions.
K-Brwn x Oxlade 'Fall In Love'
Nigeria's K-Brwn shared his debut EP, Fall in Love, earlier this month. The 5-track collection tells a story of love, happiness, and overall positive vibes, by way of a fluid combination of English, Igbo, Yoruba, and Pidgin English lyrics. Its lead single, "Fall in Love," is an infectious afropop tune featuring star Oxlade.
Follow our SONGS YOU NEED TO HEAR THIS WEEK playlist on Spotify here and Apple Music here.
From Your Site Articles
- Sample Chief, a Go-To Platform for African Music Knowledge, Share ... ›
- The 10 Best African Music Festivals - OkayAfrica ›
- 9 Vintage African Records You Need in Your Life - OkayAfrica ›
- Edikanfo, a Brian Eno-Produced Ghana Classic Gets Reissued ... ›
- How East African Musicians Are Making Money Today - OkayAfrica ›
- Here's a List of the 2020 South African Music Awards (SAMAs ... ›
- The Lion King: A Music Story | Presented by Disney - OkayAfrica ›
- These are the 150 Best Albums Made by African Women - OkayAfrica ›
- Nigerian Alté Pioneer Teezee is Living in the Moment - OkayAfrica ›