Afropunk Announces Fire Line-up for Free Virtual Concert
Afropunk has released a fire line-up: Tiwa Savage , Moonchild Sanelly , Masego and more for free virtual concert.
Afropunk has announced that not only will it go online, but that this year's event will be entirely free. Tiwa Savage , Moonchild Sanelly , Masego , Ari Lennox and Petite Noir are just some of the amazing Black artists that have been announced on the line-up. The theme for this year is: Planet Afropunk: Past, Present and Future is Black.
The festival is a celebration of all things Black and celebrates a positive prospective on Black creativity. Afropunk started in Brooklyn, and has gathered a rousing following over the years. Its breakthrough in South Africa came in 2017 and has been remarkable to date. Past events have featured international headliners Solange and Miguel .
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, festival goers this year will not be able to dress up for Afropunk's radical themes that celebrate freedom, creativity, and Blackness. Afropunk has reclaimed the online space for itself and stated that, like its live events, the virtual concert will be a "safe space".
See who else is on the line-up and register to attend on
The event will take place between 23 to 25 October 2020.
- Afropunk ›
- NYC: Afro-Punk Pictures Presents the Triptych at Brooklyn Museum ... ›
- Kaytranada, The Internet, Public Enemy, Flying Lotus & More Are ... ›
- Burna Boy Will No Longer Be Part of Afropunk's Line-Up - OkayAfrica ›
- OkayAfrica's Weekend Guide: Davido Live In NYC, Afropunk In ... ›
- Solange and Miguel Are Headed to South Africa for This Year's ... ›
- 6 Iconic Black Punk Bands You Should Be Listening To - OkayAfrica ›
- Burna Boy, Sjava, The Kwani Experience and More Added to ... ›
- 20 Black Punk Bands You Need To Listen To - OkayAfrica ›
- Erykah Badu, Ibeyi, Janelle Monáe and More Will Headline The ... ›
- AFROPUNK Brooklyn 2022 Brought The House Down - OkayAfrica ›