Watch Yilian Canizares & Paul Beaubrun's Beautiful Video For 'Noyé'
"Cuba and Haiti come together to share the love and heritage of our deep rooted culture and spirituality."
The Cuban singer and Haitian artist are now sharing the new Arnaud Robert-directed music video for the single, which we're premiering here today.
"Noyé is a song that comes from our roots," Yilian Canizares tells OkayAfrica. "Inspired by the energy of love. The same love that kept Africa's legacy alive in the hearts of Haiti and Cuba. We wanted to do a stripped down version of only the essential pieces from a musical point of view. Something raw and beautiful where our souls would be naked."
The striking music video follows Canizares and Beaubrun to the waters of New Orleans, the universal Creole capital, where they sing and float until meeting on the Mississippi River.
"Noyé is a cry of love from children of African descent," says Paul Beaubrun. "Cuba and Haiti come together to share the love and heritage of our deep rooted culture and spirituality."
Watch the new music video for "Noyé" below.
- Tito Puente Jr on the African Origins of Latin Jazz - OkayAfrica ›
- Documenting Cuba's Afrobeats: A Movement in the Making ... ›
- You Need to Hear This Afro-Cuban Funk Jam From Cimafunk ... ›
- Angélique Kidjo Explores the Afrobeat Roots of Celia Cruz ... ›
- Analog Africa Presents The Afro-Cuban Fusion Of Amara Touré ... ›
- Daymé Arocena's 'Eleggua' Is A Beautiful Afro-Cuban Ode to ... ›
- A History of Havana's Best Rappers & MCs - OkayAfrica ›
- This New Compilation Connects Afro-Cuban Hip-Hop to the Global ... ›
- 9 Afro-Cuban Artists & Intellectuals You Should Know - OkayAfrica ›
- Cuban Music In Senegal - OkayAfrica ›
- Interview: OKAN Are Telling the Struggles of Afro-Cuban Women - OkayAfrica ›
- Interview: El Individuo Brings Afro-Cuban Rap to the World - OkayAfrica ›