Listen to 'Kpalanga', Mr Eazi's First Official Single of the Year
'Kpalanga' was inspired by the love between the artist's military father and civilian mother.
Mr Eazi has just dropped his first official single of the year titled "Kpalanga".
Produced by Killertunes, the mellow track is definitely the best way to close out the weekend and keep vibing to on repeat for a while.
"Kpalanga" which translates to "go crazy" is a mid-tempo banger dedicated to Nigeria's servicemen and women. The track is reportedly inspired by the love between Mr Eazi's military father and civilian mother.
Speaking in an interview recently with British GQ, Mr Eazi goes into depth about the track saying, "My parents have been married for over 30 years and growing up I saw how committed my dad, who was far away in the military, was to my mum." He adds that, "Now that I am older and more aware of the sacrifices that my father made, I see friends who are in the military going through the same thing, so the song is me speaking from the perspective of a lover who's far away in the military while his partner is waiting anxiously, engulfed with so much emotion."
"Kpalanga" is a beautiful musical offering and a great start to the year.
Last year, as with many African music heavyweights, was a standout year for Mr Eazi. The artist featured on Beyonce's The Lion King: The Gift album, earned nominations at the BET Awards, the Grammys, Soundcity MVP Awards and several others along with expanding his music business emPawa.
Watch the video for "Kpalanga" below:
- Watch Mr Eazi & Tyga's New Music Video For 'Tony Montana ... ›
- Listen to Juls and Mr Eazi's New Single 'Cake' - OkayAfrica ›
- Watch Mr Eazi Shout Out "the Whole of Africa" at Coachella ... ›
- Get Into Mr Eazi's Vibrant New Single 'Pour Me Water' - OkayAfrica ›
- Mr Eazi and Skales Link Up With DJ Jimmy Jatt on New Single ... ›
- Listen to Mr Eazi's New Song 'I No Go Give Up On You' - OkayAfrica ›