Watch Burna Boy's Mellowed-Out 'Tiny Desk' Concert
Watch the 'African Giant' run through some of his hits like 'Gbona,' 'Ye' and more for NPR's Tiny Desk concert series.
The Nigerian "afrofusion" star took to the set for a mellowed out performance of four of his biggest tracks. Getting straight to business, the artist opened his set with a toned down rendition of his single "Gbona" before heading into the socially-aware "Wetin Man Go Do." It's much calmer of a performance than we're used to seeing from the artist.
Next he performs a funky version of "Dangote," before rounding his set out with his magnum opus of sorts "Ye." He's backed by the band The Outsiders and vocalist Christina Matovu throughout.
Burna Boy has had a stellar year, releasing his seminal album African Giant, performing at Coachella and winning several awards—including 'Best African Act' at the BET Awards—in the process.
Check out his full Tiny Desk performance below, and revisit a recent Tiny Desk performance from British-Nigerian rapper Dave from last week and check out Burna Boy's okay acoustics performance of 'Anybody' from August.
- Burna Boy Won 'Best African Act' at the MTV Europe Awards ... ›
- Burna Boy To Perform Anti-Xenophobia Show In South Africa ... ›
- Burna Boy's New Song From the 'Queen & Slim' Soundtrack ... ›
- Watch Nigerian-American Rapper Tobe Nwigwe's Tiny Desk Concert ›
- Watch British Rapper Dave's Tiny Desk Concert - OkayAfrica ›
- Watch a Video of UK Protesters Dancing to Burna Boy’s ‘Ye’ - OkayAfrica ›
- Burna Boy Snags 2021 BET Award for Best International Act - OkayAfrica ›