Burna Boy Won 'Best African Act' at the MTV Europe Awards
The artist also performed a history-making sold-out show at London's Wembley Arena over the weekend.
From releasing his hit album African Giant to performing at Coachella, Burna Boy has already had a stellar 2019, and it's only getting better. Over the weekend, the artist added to his list of major wins by claiming the Best African Act award at the MTV Europe Awards which took place in Seville, Spain.
He beat out the likes of Nasty C, Teni the Entertainer, Togo's TooFan, Harmonize and Prince Kaybee to earn the award. Last year, it went to fellow Nigerian artist Tiwa Savage, who was the first female act to win the award. This marks the fourth year in a row that a Nigerian artist has claimed the title.
It wasn't the only highlight of the artist's weekend either. Last night, he performed a sold-out show at London's Wembley (SSE) Arena, where he was joined on stage by the likes of Wizkid, Stormzy, Dave and M.Anifest. According to Not Just Ok, he is the first "afrobeats" artist to sell out the SSE and he was presented a plaque during the show.
Several artists including Wizkid and Runtown took to social media to congratulate Burna on his latest feat.
Back in June the artist won Best International Act at the BET Awards, proving once again that they don't call him the "African Giant" for nothing.
- Coachella 2019: Why Burna Boy & Mr Eazi Are The Right Artists to ... ›
- Burna Boy Won 2018 - OkayAfrica ›
- Burna Boy on 'Sway In The Morning': 'My Job as the African Giant Is ... ›
- Photos: Burna Boy Brought His 'African Giant' Energy to NYC's ... ›
- Burna Boy Talks 'African Giant,' Performs 'Ye' & 'Anybody' on 'The ... ›
- Burna Boy Returned a Fan His Ticket Money Because He Wasn't ... ›
- Burna Boy Took Over London's O2 Academy With a Massive, Sold ... ›