'Jerusalema' Hit-Maker Nomcebo Zikode Releases Her Solo Album 'Xola Moya Wam''
Listen to Nomcebo Zikode's new album 'Xola Moya Wam''.
Nomcebo Zikode's name is now known by millions of music fans across the globe, thanks to the vocals she provided on Master KG's viral hit "Jerusalema". While the song continues to spread to different parts of the world, Nomcebo decides to release a full-length project titled Xola Moya Wam'.
The project's lead single is also the title track.
"I chose the first single release to be 'Xola Moya Wami', because when I was writing this song, I wrote it after a week into lockdown," says Nomcebo in an interview with IOL. "I was in a state of shock and fear and thought God was punishing me because of my own sins. In the song I am asking God to forgive the sins I do in the flesh. My spirit longs to do what He wills."
The project's nine songs take on the form of "Jerusalema" as the artist sings about love, hope and praises the almighty over bolobedu house production. Her partner in hit-making Master KG produced some songs on the album including the lead single in which the producer gives his take of the popular amapiano subgenre.
Xola Moya Wam' www.youtube.com
Bongo Beats also contributes some beats while Makhadzi appears on the song "Ngiyesaba".
Nomcebo has been a staple in the South African house music scene, having rendered her vocal services to the country's popular producers such as DJ Tira and DJ Ganyani, Mobi Dixon and Bongo Beats among others.
- Zimbabwe Will Hold Its First Post-Mugabe Elections on July 30 ... ›
- Listen to the New Burna Boy Song 'Money Play,' Here - OkayAfrica ›
- Okayafrica's Top Ten Nigerian Songs Of 2013 - OkayAfrica ›
- The 9 Songs You Need to Hear This Week - OkayAfrica ›
- South African Artist Master KG's 2019 Hit Single 'Jerusalema' is ... ›
- Listen to Master KG and Nomcebo's 'Jerusalema' Remix Featuring ... ›
- 'Jerusalema' Phenomenon Shows Africa's Trendsetting Abilities ... ›
- Master KG’s Hit ‘Jerusalema’ Becomes Most Shazamed Song in the World - OkayAfrica ›
- South Africa's Viral 'Jerusalema' Reportedly Adapted Into Short Film - OkayAfrica ›