Una Rams gives pointers on how to achieve your crush in new single 'Shy.'
Una Rams' upcoming Crush EP will be the second solo project from the Limpopo-born artist. "shy," which came out today, is a true Rams signature tune about getting over being shy and securing your crush. The South African artist's music always evokes the emotions of being in love as he's not shy to express his vulnerability and honest emotions.
According to the artist, Crush brings together "sound motifs from around the world: Caribbean reggae rhythms, Venda waxings about love a l'Afrique du Sud, and Nigerian Afrobeats and Ghanaian weddings vibes"—nothing unexpected from Una Rams whose music has always been a hybrid of the genres he grew up listening to as demonstrated on his previous project, the 2018 EP Wavy Baby.
"Shy" is produced by C-Tea, who Una Rams worked with in his previous singles and EP.
Crush will be a 7-track project with a feature from Shekinah who will appear on the song "Sixth Sense".
Rams explains the mood for personal connection to the album as it is inspired by personal experiences. "Inviting a significant other to love while sharing one's own love for them opens the door for the other six tracks to perfectly elicit warm sentiment around relationships and their ardour," Una Rams was quoted as saying by Hype.
An official release date for the Crush is yet to be announced.
- Watch pH Raw X and Sho Madjozi's Video for 'Ibeballinho' ›
- Muzi's 'Afrovision' Album is the Soundtrack to "Real-Life Wakanda ... ›
- The WAV 2019: 10 Artists Shaping the Future of South African Music ... ›
- Meet BLFR, the 19-Year-Old Producer Behind Hits From AKA, Anatii ... ›
- Listen to pH Raw X's New Album 'Sensei Experience Ekeyoto ... ›
- Watch DJ Speedsta's New Music Video for 'Oneida' Featuring Una ... ›
- Una Rams Wants You to Make Memories to His Heartwarming Love ... ›
- Una Rams Drops Visuals For Latest Single 'Shy' - OkayAfrica ›