Yemi Alade's Video for 'True Love' Is a Stunning Work of Art
The Nigerian Afropop singer delivers brilliant visuals steeped in rich African references.
Yemi Alade's new video is all shades of inventiveness, captivating cinematography, dazzling costumes, energetic choreography and a complementary mix of African cultures, from Lagos streetlife to Ghanaian kente dresses.
Released today, the internationally recognized Afropop singer shared the video to accompany her Vtek-produced Gqom dance anthem "True Love" which she dropped on August 7 as the second single off her forthcoming fifth studio album.
"True Love" is a song that reiterates the beauty of love which cannot be avoided by even the best of us. The video does well to capture that beauty in a storyline delivered in snippets of stunning portraits and enthralling dance routines.
This music video, directed by Nigerian music video director Paul Gambit, sees Yemi Alade, one of Nigeria's most vibrant performers, direct her stage performance energy into a delightful visual experience.
The video has already garnered over 50,000 views since its release six hours ago. You can watch the video below.
Yemi Alade - True Love (Official Video) www.youtube.com
- Watch Yemi Alade's New Short Film for Her Latest Single 'Home ... ›
- Yemi Alade Enlists Djimon Hounsou for New Music Video 'Remind ... ›
- Listen to Yemi Alade's New Song 'Boyz' - OkayAfrica ›
- Watch Yemi Alade's New Music Video for 'Boyz' - OkayAfrica ›
- Yemi Alade Is the First African Female Artist To Get A Million ... ›
- Angelique Kidjo Joins Yemi Alade In the Vibrant Music Video for ... ›
- Watch Yemi Alade's New Music Video for 'Boyz' ›
- Yemi Alade's Journey to Becoming a 'Woman of Steel' - OkayAfrica ›
- 7 Reasons Why Yemi Alade Is A Music Video Icon - OkayAfrica ›
- Beyoncé's New 'Lion King' Album Features Tiwa Savage, Mr Eazi ... ›