Here Are All the Samples In Burna Boy's 'African Giant'
This video breaks down all the African Giant samples & interpolations, including songs from Fela Kuti, Magic System, Naughty By Nature, D'banj and more.
Since it dropped, Burna Boy's highly-anticipated album African Giant has been making waves and getting played on constant rotation all over the place.
The 19-track album, which includes features from Angelique Kidjo, Damian Marley, Future, M.anifest, Jorja Smith, Jeremih and more, sees the buzzing Nigerian star delivering several addictive shades of his signature afro-fusion sound as he blends in influences from afrobeat, dancehall, hip-hop, RnB and more.
Listeners have also been spotting some of the many samples and interpolations used across African Giant and now, Sample Chief, a platform for African music knowledge, has put them all together in video form.
The samples and interpolations across African Giant include the use of Fela's "Sorrow, Tears & Blood" and Angelique Kidjo's "We WE" (in "Anybody"), Naughty By Nature's "Jamboree" (in "Collatelral Damage"), Magic System's "1er Gaou" ("On The Low"), plus many more from the likes of Stereoman, Ududo Nnobi, Blak Ryno, and D'banj.
Check them all out below courtesy of Sample Chief.
The Samples on @burnaboy’s ‘African Giant’ album! 🦍 (pt.2) https://t.co/uBwFawOjFA— Sample Chief (@Sample Chief)1566068727.0
- Burna Boy Says Drake Didn't Credit Him On 'More Life' - OkayAfrica ›
- Burna Boy Drops Infectious New Song 'Odogwu' - OkayAfrica ›
- Watch 2Baba and Burna Boy's New Music Video for 'We Must Groove' ›
- Meet Sajjad, the Artist Behind Burna Boy's 'African Giant' Album Art ... ›
- The 20 Essential Burna Boy Songs - OkayAfrica ›
- Burna Boy Goes Platinum In France With 'Be Honest' - OkayAfrica ›