Fela Kuti Has a New Reissue and a New Official Website
Partisan & Knitting Factory Records reveal "the first-ever official website and comprehensive historical resource for the life and music of Fela Kuti" alongside a reissue of Music Of Many Colours.
The new website, which was developed in close partnership with the Kuti family by Partisan and Knitting Factory Records, will look to provide the latest news about Fela re-issues from Fela, new projects and events, commissioned editorial articles, merch, and more.
Fela's longtime manager Rikki Stein mentions, "bringing together such a gifted team of creators to build this ultimate, all-singing, all-dancing tribute to my friend is a source of immense pride and satisfaction. As is always the case with any enterprise involving Fela, it goes above and beyond people simply exercising their professions and becomes a labor of love for all involved."
"Twenty-two years after his passing, this testament illustrates and illuminates the myriad reasons for which Fela Anikulapo Kuti and his works are, ever-increasingly, respected and admired throughout the world. Everybody say: Yeah Yeah!"
The new Fela website is launching with with a new era-by-era history of the afrobeat legend written by Chris May.
It also features a new reissue of Music Of Many Colours, the 1980 Fela album featuring Roy Ayers.
You can visit the new Fela Kuti website now.
- Paul McCartney Smoked the Strongest Weed of His Life With Fela Kuti ›
- Femi Kuti & Stromae Appear On a New Coldplay Song 'Arabesque ... ›
- Fela Kuti's Queens - OkayAfrica ›
- Kendrick Lamar Samples Fela Kuti In 'To Pimp A Butterfly' - OkayAfrica ›
- Remembering Ginger Baker's Afrobeat Collaborations With Fela Kuti ... ›
- Fela Kuti, The Radical Fashion Icon - OkayAfrica ›
- Fela Kuti ›
- Watch Beyoncé Pay Homage to Fela Kuti During Her Coachella ... ›