The comedy series about a female rap group from South Florida is one of many that will launch on the upcoming streaming service.
A new series from Insecure creator Issa Rae is headed to HBO Max. Rap Sh*t (working title) centers on a group of female rappers from South Florida trying to make it in the music industry.
The half hour series, which Rae will executive produce and write the pilot for, is one of many recently announced shows coming to the upcoming WarnerMedia streaming platform, which will launch in May of 2020.
Rap Sh*t, an original scripted series produced by @IssaRae exploring the music business in Miami through the eyes o… https://t.co/tgd8qZZuJg— HBO Max (@HBO Max) 1572390657.0
This is one of many projects that the actress, writer and producer is currently working on. She has two other shows: Sweet Life and Him or Her in development at HBO as well. In May, she was tapped to direct the film adaptation of Tayari Jones' novel Silver Sparrow.
Rae recently launched the new record label Raedio with Atlantic Records, another move highlighting her love for incorporating music into her projects.
In July, she announced that Insecure would begin production on its highly-anticiapted fourth season, and would feature a 10 episodes as opposed to eight like the previous seasons.
The exact date of Rap Sh*t's release is yet to be announced, but we'll keep you posted as we learn more.
- Issa Rae Has Revealed an Update on Season 4 of HBO's Insecure ... ›
- Issa Rae Set to Star In Upcoming Romantic Comedy 'American ... ›
- Who is Issa Rae? - OkayAfrica ›
- Issa Rae Has Been Tapped To Produce the Film Adaptation of ... ›
- Issa Rae Teams Up with Jordan Peele for Major Sci-Fi Film 'Sinkhole' - OkayAfrica ›
- Lauryn Hill In North Africa: An Inspiration For Resistance - OkayAfrica ›
- Issa Rae Set to Start Production on New Comedy Series 'Rap Sh*t' - OkayAfrica ›