Kiddominant Combines South African Drums & Afrobeats In ‘eWallet’
Kiddominant drops new 'South Afrobeats' single with Cassper Nyovest.
Nigerian artist, producer and deejay Kiddominant's new song, titled "eWallet," is his first single for the year, and it features South African rap superstar Cassper Nyovest.
Kiddominant, who has shown a fondness for South Africa and its music scene, says the song doesn't only just feature a South African artist, but the production is also inspired by SA music.
"After spending a year in South Africa, imbibing the culture and visiting places especially the clubs where I heard a lot of music, I thought about combining South African drums with Afrobeats melodies," says the artist in a press release distributed by Sony Music South Africa.
While making music under that spell of inspiration, Kiddominant stumbled upon a new genre which he calls "South Afrobeats." With South Africa's music scene being as diverse as it is, one cannot tell what sort of "South African drums" will be on "eWallet."
During the hype of AKA's 2018 hit single "Fela in Versace," which was produced by and features Kiddominant, the Nigerian artist told OkayAfrica in an interview, "I'm South African by affiliation."
He added, "I love South Africa as a place, love the food, and the people. Cape Town is my favorite vacation place in the world. It's a combination of New York, Venice, Miami, LA… all of that together, but still sane and not crazy, you know."
Get into the South Afrobeats track "eWallet" below.
Kiddominant - eWallet (Official Audio) ft. Cassper Nyovestyoutu.be
From Your Site Articles
- It Will Take More Than an 'Authentic African Sound' for South African ... ›
- South Africans Are Trying to Figure Out Why Nigerian Musicians ... ›
- Kiddominant: "In 3 Years, Afrobeats Will Be Almost As Mainstream ... ›
- Here Are The Most Streamed South African Songs, Albums and ... ›
- Kiddominant Speaks On His New 'South Afrobeats' Sound - OkayAfrica ›
- KDDO Is Pushing His Own 'South Afrobeats' Sound - OkayAfrica ›
Related Articles Around the Web