Upcoming Events: #AnOkayAfricaParty in NYC this Friday
See this and more upcoming and past OkayAfrica events below
January 17, 2020
Happy New Year!!!
#AnOkayAfricaParty is back this Friday, 1.17.20 at Schimanski so come through if you need a vibration!
2019 was jam-packed from NYC to Paris with pop ups from Davido to Wizkid to Sango, so anything could happen! On the decks this MLK weekend, we've got your SA house queen AQ, joined by OkayAfrica veteran and special guest DJ Underdog, Liberia's very own selecta DJ Mohogany and riddim rudie GVIJIN.
EARLY ARRIVAL EXTREMELY SUGGESTED!
January 3, 2020
Daily Paper X Free The Youth collaborate on creating purposeful and sustainable capacity building experiences for young creatives in Ghana. We'll be engaging in a design discussion between West Africa and Europe facilitated by our host
@AmaraWorldWide and @OkayAfrica.
5pm to 7 pm
Daily Paper Accra Pop Up Store: Mhoseenu, Ndabaningi Sithole Road, Labone, Accra, Ghana
December 22, 2019
OkayAfrica is partnering with La Sunday—Abidjan's greatest party collective to ever do it—to present the first ever LA SUNDAY FESTIVAL on Sunday, December 22, 2019. The festival, running from 10AM to 02AM on December 22nd, will feature African acts from all over the world including, DJ Tunez (USA), Amaarae (GH), Anais B (FRA) as well as La Sunday resident DJs Jeune Lio and Black Charles.
What to expect? Check out our photos and article about La Sunday here.
December 3 - 8, 2019
Afterparty for 'The Barber Shop Chronicles'—A New Play at BAM Brooklyn
Lagos. Johannesburg. Accra. Kampala. Harare. London. Six radically different cities, all united by a familiar place where you can get more than just a good trim. Critically-acclaimed Nigerian-British playwright Inua Ellams brings barbershop scenes to the BAM stage—along with all the banter, fun, music, and connections found in these sacred spaces. This "joyous piece of theatre" (The Independent) weaves a rich tapestry of unfiltered stories about father-son relationships and Black masculinity, set to an Afrobeat score.
Following performances of Barber Shop Chronicles this weekend, we'll keep the party moving from the stage to the lobby! December 6th, join us in the Campbell Lobby for a post-show jam with DJ Buka, presented by OkayAfrica, and on December 7th, DJ ¡eli! presented by Okayplayer. This runaway international sensation is in Brooklyn December 3—8 only! More Info Here!
From Your Site Articles
- 10 Cultural Events You Can't Miss this June in South Africa ... ›
- Everyday Afrique Is Back For a Fourth of July Party in NYC ... ›
- 8 African Art Events You Need To See In NYC This May - OkayAfrica ›
- An OkayAfrica Party ›
- Events - OkayAfrica ›
- Photos: Here's What Happened at Daily Paper & Free the Youth's Design Talk for Accra's Young Creatives - Okayplayer ›
- REFRAMED: Cocoa & Color by Joshua Kissi opens at Okay Space on 10/3 - Okayplayer ›
- Photos: Here's What Went Down at the Labor Day Edition of Everyday Afrique - Okayplayer ›
- In Photos: This Is What 'An OkayAfrica Brunch' Looked Like - Okayplayer ›
- Photos: Mr Eazi, Efya and Blinky Bill Brought the Heat to SummerStage In NYC - Okayplayer ›
- In Photos: Back To The City 2019 - Okayplayer ›
- 'Fruits of Naij' Is the Exhibition Highlighting Young Nigerian Artists Creating Change Through Art - Okayplayer ›
- EPMD is Performing in South Africa This Month - Okayplayer ›
- A Fresh Fela Kuti x Carhartt WIP Pop-Up Is Coming to Okay Space - Okayplayer ›
Related Articles Around the Web