Here Are the Winners at the 2019 African Muzik Magazine Awards in Dallas
These are the big winners at this year's African Muzik Magazine Awards (AFRIMMA).
This is an article about the African Muzik Awards which took place in October. For the results of the 2019 All Africa Music Awards (AFRIMA) winners, please follow this link.
The 2019 African Muzik Magazine Awards (AFRIMMA) took place over the weekend in Dallas, Texas.
The awards show hosted a lot of the biggest and brightest new African talent, with the likes of Fally Ipupa, 2Baba, Zlatan Rema, and many more in attendance. The show is not to be confused with the All Africa Music Awards (AFRIMA) which is a seperate event taking place in November.
The big winners at the 2019 AFRIMMAs include Nigeria's Zlatan, who took home the Best Newcomer award and the Song of the Year award for "Killin Dem" alongside Burna Boy. Burna Boy also won the Artist of the Year award.
For the Best East African Male and Female awards, Tanzania's Ommy Dimpoz and Kenya's Akothee won big. In the Best Male Southern Africa categories, Master KG took home a trophy, while Fally Ipupa won for Best Male Central Africa.
Late Ivorian star DJ Arafat received a post-humous honor for Best Francophone, while Togo's Toofan won Best African Group. Phyno won Best Rap Act and his fellow countryman Rema won Video of the Year.
Additionally, 2Baba was presented with a Lifetime Achievement Award.
See the full list of 2019 AFRIMMA winners below.
Best Female East Africa – Akothee
Best Collaboration – Burna Boy x Zlatan – Killing Dem
Afrimma Video of The Year – Rema – Dumebi
Best Lusophone – Nelson Freitas
Best New Act – Zlatan
Best Rap Act – Phyno
Best African Group – Toofan
Best Video Director – Sasha Vybz
Best Male Southern Africa – MasterKG
Best Francophone – DJ Arafat
Song of The Year – Burna Boy x Zlatan – Killin Dem
Best Male Central Africa – Fally Ipupa
Best Male East Africa – Ommy Dimpoz
Artist of The Year – Burna Boy
RADIO/TV PERSONALITY OF THE YEAR – Willy Tuva
Transformational Leadership Award – Governor Hassan Ali Joho
AFRIMMA COMMUNITY LEADERSHIP AWARD – Rep. Helen Giddings
AFRIMMA COMMUNITY IMPACT AWARD – Prince Ned Nwoko
Best Female West Africa – Aya Nakamura
Best Female Central Africa – Daphne
Best Female Southern Africa – Sho Madjozi
Crossing Boundaries with Music Award – Davido
Best Gospel Artist – Mercy Chinwo
Best Dj Africa – Dj Man Renas
Best African Dj USA – Dj Poison Ivy
Music Producer of The Year – Kel-P
Best African Dancer – Izzy Odigie
Best Live Act – Diamond Platnumz
Best Male West Africa – Burna Boy
- Here Are the Nominees For the 2019 AFRIMA Awards ›
- Here are the 2019 AFRIMMA Nominees - OkayAfrica ›
- 9 Francophone Singers You Should Be Listening To - OkayAfrica ›
- 10 African Artists From Toronto to Watch - OkayAfrica ›
- Watch Zlatan Performing His New Single 'Road to CDK' - OkayAfrica ›
- How East African Musicians Are Making Money Today - OkayAfrica ›
- The 6 Best East African Songs of the Month (May) - OkayAfrica ›
- Les 9 Chanteuses Noires Pop Francophones à Écouter - OkayAfrica ›
- Listen to Zlatan's Latest EP 'Road to CDK' - OkayAfrica ›
- 5 Essential Bolobedu House Tracks to Check Out - OkayAfrica ›
- The 8 Best East African Songs of the Month (August) - OkayAfrica ›
- The 6 Best East African Songs of the Month (October) - OkayAfrica ›