Apple Music Launches 'Oshe Naija' to Celebrate Nigeria's Independence Day
As Nigeria celebrates its 60th year of independence today, Apple Music has launched the month-long 'Oshe Naija' campaign in celebration.
Not only will the Oshe Naija campaign feature Nigerian classics, it will also feature new music and its accompanying visuals from both upcoming and veteran Nigerian artists. Additionally, a number of guest playlists will be curated by the likes of Don Jazzy, Beverly Naya, Director K, Del B, Bankulli and several other influential Nigerian personalities.
Speaking about what went into curating his guest playlist; legendary singer-songwriter and producer Bankulli says the following:
"I selected these songs because they have had a huge impact on the Nigerian Music Industry at one point or the other, serving as a major influencer in spreading our music and culture to all corners of the world. These Songs have shaped the perception of people about Nigerians and Africans living in the diaspora."
- The 10 Best Nigerian Songs of the Month (September) - OkayAfrica ›
- Burna Boy Is Apple Music's New 'Up Next' Artist - OkayAfrica ›
- Apple Music Celebrates Talent Across the Continent with 'Africa Month' ›
- Listen to 15 Playlists by South African Artists and Personalities for ... ›
- Rema Is Apple Music's New 'Up Next' Artist - OkayAfrica ›
- Apple Music's 'Stream Local' to Support South African Artists ... ›
- The 10 Best Nigerian Songs of the Month (October) - OkayAfrica ›
- The 20 Best Nigerian Songs of 2020 - OkayAfrica ›